Pages

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Farmer's Wife Finish!

Farmer's Wife quilt is now finished.
The picture looks a bit strange because it is a queen-size quilt draped across a king-size bed. The binding is red with white polka dots. I am really happy with the finish.
Above is a requisite photo of the back. I am a little disappointed in the backing fabric. It is a white on white wide backing fabric. It has a bit of a 'plastic-y' feel to it. I haven't washed the quilt yet, so maybe it will soften after washing.

Photo-heavy post warning: following are a whole bunch of close-ups.











Vital Statistics:
Finished size: 83" x 103"; 111 6" (finished) blocks
Began piecing: June 13, 2012
Assembled into a flimsy: August 18, 2013 (see post here)
Completed quilting, binding, labeling: July 18, 2014

I am linking this post to Sewjo Saturday (here)

7 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

It is absolutely lovely! Congratulations on the finish. It is so hard to get good white/white - I usually use a bleached muslin

Alison V. said...

Wow! Totally gorgeous.

Diane E W said...

Great finish!! beautiful quilt and quilting.

Dora, the Quilter said...

I'm sure everyone who looks at this quilt will feel happiness. You did a wonderful job!

Karen said...

This is amazing. It looks wonderful. I love seeing it in these bright and cheerful colours!

Kymberly said...

Very beautiful quilt. I'm half way through my Farmer's Wife blocks. Thanks for some inspiration to keep me going!

Kwilt Krazy said...

OMG sew beautiful! I love it. You did a wonderful job!