Saturday, August 16, 2014

Another Ready for Binding

I haven't been able to touch Lucey for two weeks. Today I finished quilting the Lori Holt Row Along quilt. It is now off the frame and waiting for binding.

 I took the quilt off the frame and turned it so I could have a full width sweep to fill the separator strips with double bubble. I used painter's tape to mark the spacing for the bubbles. I wasn't anal about it; I just didn't want to have a bunch of small or large spaces. After quilting each row, I moved the tape and marked the next with the air erasable marker.




 I really like the e's and l's that I used in the apple core blocks. It really looks like teeth marks in the core. Is that too gross?
 For the borders, I decided to use piano keys. I really like the straight lines as a contrast to all of the detailed quilting in the blocks.
 Here is a picture of the corner. I am really happy with how this turned out. I hardly had to fudge at all.
I have really gotten behind in my planned sewing times in August. I am working on 4 BOM's this year. I have five blocks that I have yet to complete as of this month. I was really doing well at keeping up until this month. First day of classes on Monday. Then I will get really busy. Oy.

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. It looks lovely - I like the idea of the painter's tape and might borrow that. I think the straight line on the outer border really gives it the final polish.

    ReplyDelete