Pages

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Dresden Doll Quilt

Here is an update on the Dresden Plate doll quilt I am making for Little Missy.
As I look at it, I think I need to make the centers smaller. They just overwhelm the Dresdens. I used the template that came with the Darlene Zimmerman ruler/template. I am sure it looks better with larger sized plates. That is what I am going to work on today.

Update: Aha! I was right. Look at this. 
This is much better with the slightly smaller center. I couldn't make it any smaller because of the hole in the center of the Dresden blades. Moving on.
 

Here is a look at my design wall today.


Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Your design wall looks lovely!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I like the smaller center circle, too. If you think the plates are still overwhelmed - you could always applique something in the center circle - a flower or even another smaller circle - ;))

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Rabbit, rabbit! - ;))